Jul 16, 2009

How to Make a Rainbow Cake.

I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

Anyway.

Hallie said she wanted a rainbow cake. And since I didn't get her "pink stripes" for her birthday (pink striped what, you're asking?), I figured I should do at least ONE thing she asked. Three is an important birthday!

So here's what I did.

I made two boxes of white cake mix. (Yes, I was too lazy to do it from scratch). Then, I poured some into six bowls and mixed in gel-food coloring.

It looked like this:


I used two 8-inch round cake pans (next time I will use 9 inch). In one cake pan, I dumped some red in the middle, and then orange in the middle of the red and then yellow in the middle of the orange. So it looked like this:



And then in the other I poured purple, then blue, then green. And I didn't take a picture.

And then my dishes looked like this:


And the cake looked like this:

And this:

1 comment:

ATroutwine said...

This looks soooooooooo good Keri! Thanks for the step by step instructions...I may have to try this. Happy belated birthday Hallie! Hope you all are doing well.