May 20, 2011

38 Weeks.

I have a doctor's appointment today - this morning, actually. I've been pretty lazy about the appointments. Getting to Springfield and back during the week requires at least 3-4 hours of sick/vacation time to claim. I hate that. And Dave rarely goes with me, because it does take such a chunk out of the day.

But tomorrow, he's going with me, and I might go ahead and let them check me. I've been declining the checks up to this point. I suppose I could have started at 36 weeks. BUT WHY?!

Oh how I hate checks.

So much. So, so, so much. I can vividly remember my very first check when I was pregnant with Hallie. I was shocked. And I remember the three worst things about my labor/delivery with Hallie were:

1. The stupid blood pressure cuff
2. The IV and how they blew 18 million veins before they finally stuck me properly
3. THE CHECKS

They can just keep their hands to themselves.

I am pretty sure I am not dilated a bit. I don't feel any low pressure and the baby is moving around like crazy. I think I will make it up to my due date, just like with Hallie. And that's fine. There's enough going on between now and then to keep me busy. Things I don't want to miss.

Like the cutest dance recital in the world next weekend. I can't wait!

PS - I have created a baby pool. If you want to get in on the action, feel free to fill in your guesses!!!


No comments: