we drove up there tuesday afternoon. i thought for sure we would pop in for an x-ray, things would look perfect and we'd head to target for a slushie and some shopping. i love target so much. so much.
anyway, here's how it went all went down.
- arrive and check in.
- told to go to x-ray.
- x-ray tells us to go back to check in. also, they want to do her x-ray without her cast on (???!!!).
- sit in waiting room for 30 minutes.
- sit in exam room for 10 minutes.
- resident comes in, talks for two minutes and says it's time to get her cast off and oh yeah - why didn't we have an x-ray yet? (this is the part i start getting really grouchy.) i explain she's not ready for her cast off yet. that she had some pain and they wanted to see her. oh, okay.
- back to x-ray we go, huge crowd. they squeeze us in.
- back to the waiting room for another 15 minutes.
- back to the exam room for 40 minutes. yep, i'm mad now.
oh good gravy.
it was traumatic and painful and I tell you WHAT, if I have to see my kid in anymore pain anytime soon I will be TICKED OFF. i'm so sick of seeing her in pain. it breaks my heart.
but now we have a fresh, hot pink cast. and we still went to target. and i let her pick out WHATEVER SHE WANTED. and get a slushie.