Jan 24, 2012

PINTEREST FAIL: BAKED FRIED CHICKEN.

tastes like KFC? no.

instead, the skin was sorta mushy because of all of the butter in the bottom of the 9x13. it didn't crisp up nicely at all. i think if you just spray or simply use foil it would turn out way better.

that being said...dave loved it. and hallie ate it. so...yeah.

RECIPE:

Pinned Image 
Place thawed chicken breast tenderloin strips in a bowl of milk. Let soak for 20-30 min.

Mix in a Gallon Size Ziploc or Large Bowl:  
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 T Season All
3/4 tsp Pepper
1 c. Flour
2 tsp. Paprika

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.

Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.

Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix. You can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.

Place each piece of chicken in the pan.

Cook for 20 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.

ENJOY! (or not)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey! I recently discovered your blog because someone else reposted this recipe. I love kids and can't wait to be a mom one day so I love all your stories and pictures of your kids! Anyway, I'm a pretty healthy eater. I'm 24 and living with my family. I'm using the opportunity to help them lose weight and make healthier eating choices. So when I saw this I thought it would be perfect. My siblings love fried chicken, so I was hoping to find a healthier alternative. Did you ever end up having better luck with this one or another similar one? Either way I'm going to start experimenting soon so I can also let you know if it turns out better!