Nov 20, 2008

Day #4

Day #4 was one of my very favorite days in Maui. We woke up super early and took a snorkel cruise to Molokini, and island/bird sanctuary/former volcano crater about an hour and 20 minutes off the coast. The ride out was a little bit bumpy and definitely made me want to puke a little, but once we got there, strapped on our snorkel gear and got in the water, we were fine. I was definitely nervous, since I had never snorkeled before, and hate getting salt water in my eyes/ears/nose/mouth. But I LOVED snorkeling. I could have stayed out all day.

We went with Barb and our new friend, Daniella. Funny story. Barb was sort of scared of getting in the water and was stalling on the ladder. So the crew squirted her with a hose to get her in. Very funny.

The company name was Four Winds and I highly recommend them. They were hysterical and had great food. The boat also had a slide into the water, which you will see that we utilized, and we also rented an underwater camera from them to take some of the lovely pictures below.

On the way back to land, we stopped by "Turtle Town" and got to see a bunch of sea turtles. The pictures kind of sucked, but it was very cool in real life.

The night we went out to dinner at Maui Brewing Company and it was delicious! I had their onion soup and we all split a pizza. YUM.

Another sunrise in Maui:

The sea wall in Maalea, the harbor town we left from:

Pre-boarding:

Molokini from afar:

Molokini up close:

Nerd alert #1:

Pretty #1:

Daniella:

Dave & Keri #1:

Dave & Keri #2:

Pretty #2:

Creepy Eel:

Pretty #3:

Pretty #4:

Pretties #5 & #6:

The slide into the ocean:

Nerd alert #2:

Nerd alert #3:

Sparkly water:

Mother & Son:

Me & Daniella:

Barb driving:

Me & Dave #3:

Sexy model:

Captain Morgan:

No comments: