Nov 24, 2009

I Love Vampires. And Werwolves.

What is the matter with me? I am 28 years old. I am no longer a teenager. No teeny-bopping for me. So why do I find myself in love with the Twilight Saga/Series/Whatever? I mean, seriously? I buzzed through the books like a real vampire was chasing me.

I loved them. So much. So much. But I could keep it a secret, because no one had to see me reading.

And then there are the movies. Another guilty pleasure, darnit! And one that it totally public. And I have a husband who does not love vampires or warewolves (of the teenager variety, I mean), and will not attend the showing. But that's okay, because I love to see movies alone.

For Twilight (which was so bad it was good, by the way), I went solo. To a theatre packed with teenagers and other shameful 20-somethings. It was horrible. But I loved it.

So last night I went (again, solo) to see New Moon. Fab-u-lous. That's all I'll say. I mean, there were some parts that were eye-roll worthy, but shoot - i'll see it again!















So that's my dirty secret. I feel better now.

*post edit - apparently I don't know the correct spelling of werwolves.

No comments: