May 19, 2010

The Party.

Once a year our "neighbors" throw a huge fundraiser for their Arca race team. It's huge. And fun. And last year it got funner. I mean, more fun.

Mason Sound (aka, my father-in-law) contacted his band buddies (aka, the Kentucky Head Hunters and Confederate Railroad) and asked them to play at the events. So they did.

(picture from last year - Dave playing drums with the Headhunters.)

Anyway, my house is the closest to the neighbors, which means it's the easiest place to serve lunch to the bands. Which means I have to clean.

(picture from last year - Hallie eating with Confederate Railroad)

Luckily, Mrs. Mason Sound (aka - my mother-in-law) is taking care of most of the cooking. I'm doing a few easy side dishes and a dessert, but mostly just cleaning.

It's a great excuse to finally scrub my neglected floors and clean my finger-printed windows. I've taken Thursday off to clean in peace and will spend Thursday night and Friday morning trying to maintain the cleanliness. That will be the hardest part.

We also have Hallie's dress rehearsal Thursday night, recital Friday night and another recital Saturday. It's going to be a jam-packed, fun-filled weekend!

No comments: