May 11, 2010

Smothers Day.

My name is Keri and I love to add S's to the beginning of words to make them other words.

Anyway.

Blah, blah, Mother's Day, blah, blah blah. I am not so much into the whole Mother's Day as a holiday thing. I mean, it's great to celebrate mother's, but don't worry about the jewelry or breakfast in bed. I don't need it. It's just another day.

Another totally awesome, rad day, actually!

My yesterday was one of my favorite days ever. I wish I had pictures. It was one of those days full of nothing that meant everything. Hallie and I went to church and then stopped by the ole Home Depot for some hot pink geraniums. We came home to a sleepy Dave and had peanut butter and honey sandwiches/nachos. I planted my pink geranimums, petunias and rose tree while Hallie rode her bike in circles around me. I painted all of my pots bright yellow this year and I LOVE IT. They probably need another coat, but I just can't make myself do it.

Anyway.

We took a pre-nap, mile-long bike ride (Hallie rode, we walked) to Lucille's. There was not even a single wisp of a cloud in the sky, and the temperature was perfect. Hallie rode along with a huge smile on her face and stopped every so often to pick dandelions on the side of the road.

AND, get this: Dave held my hand. Without me begging asking.

Happy Mother's Day to ME!

Hallie put herself down for a nap when we got home. Let me repeat that. Hallie put herself down for a nap when we got home. I baked to my heart's content and then took a nap on the front porch swing.

And burned my nose. Yes, I'll guide your sleigh tonight.

We ended the evening with a dinner with the fam and an episode of Brothers & Sisters (which was totally lame, btw).

Awesome.

No comments: