Sep 13, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Haaaaaarvest!

It's a time when other women are calling themselves "farm widows" and I'm calling myself LUCKY, because my husband is actually home! It's a time when we spend lots and lots of time at Grandma Lucille's house with family eating impromptu meals and testing corn. We take lots of combine rides, spend even more time outside and of course see Dave!!!

I love it. Love, love, love it.

Yesterday was the getting ready day. This means starting the combine to see if any raccoons come fly out (not this year, but there was a huge rat that scurried out from underneath - gross), changing oil, checking tire pressure, etc.

Thank goodness Hallie was there to supervise and lend a hand if needed.

Look how excited Mike is!! He can't contain himself!!!
Dave driving Old Bob.
Checking tire pressure. Looks good...looks real good.
I spy Little Mermaid underwear.
Stay tuned for pictures from the concert Saturday!

No comments: