Mar 17, 2011

Disney Deets - Day #3

Day #3 - Loved it.


We went to the Animal Kingdom.

We woke up and it was raining. Not a pour, but definitely a steady something. So we slept in, lazed around a bit watching cartoons and then decided to man up, put on our rain gear and just go. And I'm so glad we did. There was no one there!

Per my itinerary, we were supposed to get a FASTPASS for It's Tough to be a Bug and then head straight to Africa the Kilmanjaro Safaris. Totally unnecessary. We just went straight to Africa and got directly on the safaris. And our guide was fantastic. Apparently the animals love it when it rains, because they were out in full force!

From our safari, we hoofed it to It's Tough to Be a Bug and enjoyed the 3-D experience yet again. But it wasn't as awesome as Mickey's Philharmagic. Afterwards, Dave ran off to Asia to get a FASTPASS to Expedition Everest. Good for him.

And then we went to the production of Festival of the Lion King, which was awesome. We knew all of the songs and good grief, Disney really knows how to do a show. At the end one of the cast members asked Hallie to go and dance around with the dancers. She, of course, refused. We weren't surprised at all. Also, she didn't like these tall guys.

When we got out of the Lion King it had stopped raining - hooray! But there were still zero crowds, so we got to meet some characters and ate some lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ.

And then decided to head to Dinoland.

The TriceraTops Spin was lame - just like Dumbo and Magic Carpets of Aladdin. But it was still fun. I think we rode that a few times.

At some point, Dave ran off to ride the roller coaster, had a blast, so he got a FASTPASS to do it again, and then ended up riding it three more times. I was totally jealous. But apparently they don't let pregnant women ride super fast roller coasters. Whatever. Oh, how I wanted to ride that rollercoaster.

Hallie and Dave went on the Dinosaur ride, which was a "dark" ride and scared the be-jeezus out of Hallie. She apparently even cried at the end when the T-Rex came out of nowhere to eat them. Also while in Dinoland, we let our child get painted up as a Princess Kitty - and if you know Dave, then you are shocked. We actually spent money to put full make-up on our child. Very unlike both of us. But she loved, loved, LOVED it and spent the rest of the day meowing and purring like a cat.

At some point we veered off of my itierary and took the Wildlife Express Train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Totally lame. The only redeeming thing about excursion is that Hallie got to touch a snake and meet Pocohontas.

Back to Asia we went to watch an outdoor bird show called the Flights of Wonder. Now, it must be said that I was super excited for this show. I mean, I really, really wanted to see it. And it was totally lame too.

After the lame-o bird show, we walked the Maharajah Jungle Trek to check out some Tigers and some pretty sweet birds. Our Princess Kitty enjoyed posing by the random asian decor.

Before our dinner reservations at Yak and Yeti, we headed back to Africa to explore the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. There we got to see some underwater hippo action and some bachelor gorillas.

Dinner was fantastic - my favorite meal of the entire trip, food wise. It was pan-asian food and we chowed on some mahi-mahi, honey sticky chicken and more. It was delicious.

And then we left. And actually got to bed on time that night.

No comments: