Mar 16, 2011

Disney Deets - Day #2

Day #2 - Rocked.

We got up early and made it to the Magic Kingdom before the gates opened. We took some shots (good ones) and had someone take family shots (bad ones). Good grief my belly is getting large.

Keeping up with my itinerary (get used to hearing that), we headed straight to Fantasyland in the back of the park and rode rides until we pooped out. We didn't have to wait in any lines, which meant we rode Dumbo multiple times and went from ride to ride without stopping.

We literally rode every, single ride in Fantasyland. Our favorite attraction was Mickey's PhilharMagic. It was a super crazy 3-D show. We were literally reaching out trying to grab items that looked like they were right in front of us. It was awesome.

We loved Snow White Scary Adventure and Winnie the Pooh, but Dave and Hallie LOVED the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. I was about to puke just watching them. Sometimes it is very handy to be pregnant...

The Winnie the Pooh ride ended in a gift shop (of course) and Hallie had-to-have a small Piglet. Good grief she loves that thing. It helped that she became obsessed with Winnie the Pooh about a week before we left for Disney, thanks to a two foot garden statue that she took into her posession (thanks, father-in-law).

(more on the Piglet later and the miracle of Disney)

We ate lunch at Cosmic Rays (yummy, quick lunch) and rode almost every ride in Tomorrowland. Dave even rode Space Mountain while Hallie and I waited in line to meet some serious princesses. Hallie finally met her beloved Belle. And Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. She was in heaven. I thought I was going to cry watch her talk to these princesses. She just hugged and hugged Belle and didn't want to let go. Like, it was almost uncomfortable how long their hug lasted. She loves Belle. A lot.

After Tomorrowland caught the three o'clock Celebrate Your Dreams (so we did). Disney can certainly rock a parade. I mean, they go ALL OUT. Tons of characters, gorgeous floats, great sound quality (says Dave).

And then we headed back to do some swimming, relax and nap.

And thank goodness we did. We had late (8:15pm!) dinner reservations at the Crystal Palace.

And then it poured on us.

And Hallie's stomach hurt because we ate so late.

Thank goodness for the characters, because Dave and I may or may not have gotten into a giant fight at that point in time.


We eventually got over it. Like the next morning.

No comments: