Jun 1, 2011

Still Enjoying Our Family of Three.

Yesterday was a pretty rough day.

I was grumpy and tired. And sick of people asking "where is that baby!" "why are you still pregnant!" "I can't believe you are still at work!"

Yeah, no kidding.

I finally figured out I was so grumpy because I have officially gotten through all of the important weekends I needed to get through. No more weddings, Downtown Turnaround Celebration, no more Race Party or recitals.

I have nothing more to anticipate or stress over. I have made it to the point I said I wanted to make it to. And now it's just a waiting game.

And for those who know me the best know that I suck at anticipation. I lack patience.

And hello - I would really like to find out if this is a sweet little girl or a precious boy that has been beating me from the inside. I can't wait to know what its name will be and if it looks like me or Dave. I can't wait to hold a tiny newborn again! It's been so long.

I can't wait to find out how it will change our family dynamic and how Hallie will act. I can't wait to see how I will handle two kiddos when Dave goes back to traveling. That should be interesting.

So that was yesterday. I got home to a happy family and my attitude changed. Dave "cooked" supper and we went on an evening four-wheeler ride down the railroad tracks. We stopped at Lucille's for some popsicles and hung out on the front porch until Hallie's bedtime. It was a great way to enjoy our family of three.

Today I am in a much better frame of mind. I had a good night's sleep and woke up content. We'll see how that changes as the day progresses, but for now I am looking forward to dinner out with friends and another night as our family of three.

No comments: