i tried another recipe - only one million more to go! seriously, i pin food as if i have never eaten before. my mouth waters at all of the delicious recipes!
i tried this one on dave and hallie last night and it was a huge success! i worried it wasn't going to be meaty enough (2 cups of chicken didn't amount to much), but they loved it. i sneaked a few bites and the flavor was fantastic. it was quick, easy and great.
(this is not my picture below. from the original website here)
White Chicken Enchiladas:
10 soft taco shells (i think i only used eight)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream (i used reduced fat)
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies (i drained a lot of the liquid out)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese
i cooked my chicken in the crockpot with some chicken broth and taco seasoning. i think it helped the flavor of the shredded chicken.
i got concerned with my butter/flour/chicken broth mixture didn't get "thick" but i just cooked it until it was bubbly and "thick-er" than it was. everything turned out perfectly.
i made this up in the morning and stuck it in the fridge. i cooked it at 350 for about 35 minutes and it was perfect. i didn't bother with the broiler.