Nov 9, 2010

Beep.

Last night I had a scary dream.

I dreamt that I was dust-busting my floor by the basement stairs and noticed there was a light on in the basement. I threw my dust-buster down the stairs (huh?) and a man poked his head up to see what was going on. So there was a man in my basement - scary! I grabbed Hallie and ran for the door, and the man kept saying, "I'm from Illinois Power! I'm from Illinois Power!" Middle of the night? I don't think so.

So I woke up all scared and out of sorts. And then,

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEEP!! BEEEPBEEEP!

Smoke Detector.

I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest it was pounding so hard. I jumped out of bed but there were no red lights on anything and it didn't beep again.

I called Dave immediately. Did I mention it was 2 o'clock in the morning? The first thing he said was to check the geothermal unit....in the basement.

I have never been so scared.

Everything looked fine. So time to check the batteries.

One smoke detector had a red light, so yep - it needed a new 9-volt. Back to the basement for batteries. Again, I am such a wimp. So scared of the basement.

Put a battery in - Beep. Beep. Beep. Okay, apparently that was an old battery. GREAT. Thank goodness I am a genius and brought up a few more just in case.

Battery was finally changed. I said good night to Dave, and then it took me another 8 hours to fall asleep.

Long story, but it was a scary night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!! That would scare me too! I hate sleeping when Zach is not home. The dogs get all jumpy... which makes me jumpy... which makes them more jumpy!